The 411 on GA4: Google Analytics’ Latest Updates Explained
Google Analytics is an essential tool for any business looking to track and analyze website traffic and user behavior. With the release of Google Analytics 4 (GA4), you may be wondering how your business might be affected. If so, you’re in the right place!
Aren’t GA4 and Universal Analytics the same thing?
Not quite! Universal Analytics was the third major release of Google Analytics and has been the default workspace version since its implementation in 2012. With recent technological updates, this version was not designed for today’s analytical needs and expectations. Starting July 1, 2023, Universal Analytics will be replaced by GA4 as Google Analytics’ new next-generation measurement solution.
There are three major differences between the two versions:
- GA4 receives data from both websites and mobile apps. Universal Analytics only tracks data on websites.
- GA4 incorporates machine learning. Universal Analytics focused on calculating sessions and pageviews. GA4 tracks user behavior across multiple platforms and devices, providing a more holistic view of the customer journey.
- GA4 offers improved privacy features. In response to growing concerns over data privacy, GA4 allows businesses to collect data in a way that complies with data protection regulations.
Let an expert handle the conversion!
Google’s Setup Assistant will automatically create a GA4 property for your website, but it will only use basic features and events that correspond with your Universal Analytics property. This new analytics property will not be configured to meet your marketing goals and may not capture all the historical data you need. This is where we come in! TRIO can help create a customized property tailored to your unique business needs.
Our team of digital marketing experts completes the following:
- Testing and quality assurance: We don’t just create the property and leave it. Our team will test that GA4 is properly added to your website and collecting data in real-time.
- Bundle with other marketing efforts: Our team ensures SEO and paid digital ads (like social and Google) are seamlessly transitioned to the new property, so there is no lag in data.
- Create customized events, conversations and audiences: While the Setup Assistant will create some basic settings, TRIO personalizes these elements to your marketing objectives and goals. We edit these settings quickly since Google cannot back-date any of this data.
Don’t wait until it’s too late!
Switching to Google Analytics 4 is essential for any business looking to stay ahead of the curve in marketing. So, if you haven’t already, our digital team can help you make the switch and take your website analytics to the next level. Contact us today to learn how TRIO can elevate your marketing and help your business be seen!
Social Media Musts: How to Make Your Content Count
Keeping up on social media can sometimes feel like a whirlwind. From new, emerging TikTok trends to Twitter’s latest updates, is there a way to find consistency […]
Caching 101: How Stored Data Can Optimize Your Website’s Performance
Are you ready to “cache” in on increased web performance? No, that’s not a typo – we promise! Welcome to the great wide world of world wide […]