Stayin’ alive for CreateAthon
Can you find your way to Funky Town? We sure did! That’s exactly where we lived, disco-style for 24-hours during our 14th annual CreateAthon. Can you dig it?!
After working remotely for eight months, Team TRIO was ready to get the gang back together (safely) and work socially distanced to support Lowcountry nonprofits who need us now more than ever!
TRIO’s Studio 24 (ha, ha…get it? Studio 54! 😉) was a disco inferno complete with a glow-in-the-dark dance floor, lava lamps, mirror balls and roller skates! The place was straight-up groovy and we are proud of all we were able to accomplish for such worthy causes. Here’s a round-up of this year’s recipients and their projects. It’s some hot stuff!
- First up, Dorchester Paws. From day one, they captured our hearts. We discovered they were in desperate need of some marketing to support their capital campaign for a new facility. They have been struggling with flooding issues causing them to evacuate hundreds of distressed animals multiple times a year. It didn’t take long to realize they were waving their S.O.S. (Save Our Shelter) flag and needed a campaign to help spread the word. So with a campaign logo, a video, and some supporting collateral, they were ready to raise the woof! 🐶
- Next, we were honored to help Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired SC. They needed an update to help strengthen their monthly giving initiative, Eye Give. Team TRIO went to work building a landing page, creating a unique program logo, and providing social media assets. How could we resist this incredible nonprofit dedicated to helping individuals who are blind or visually impaired have the opportunity to live, learn and earn? 👍
- Then came our new friends at Second Chance Bikes. They taught us that a community where everyone has access to affordable, reliable transportation is a stronger community. The goal of their CreateAthon deliverables was to help bring awareness to how they give bikes a second chance to help others improve their circumstance. We developed a marketing strategy, paired with supporting collateral, and produced a short video to help educate the public on the benefits of bike access in the Charleston community. 🚲
- Due to the pandemic, Charleston Pro Bono Legal Services has been busier than ever! Serving the vital legal needs of Charleston’s economically disadvantaged, this organization is crucial to the community. Looking for a way to reach a broader donor base and raise awareness of their services, they asked for a direct mail appeal brochure along with a social media strategy that could support them all year long. TRIO was happy to oblige and determined to tip the scales in their favor! ⚖️
- Last but not least is Race 4 Achievement. To say they inspired us would be an understatement. Their mission and the legacy they represent is remarkable. The essence of this nonprofit is a tribute to Tywanza Sanders, a young man with a philanthropic spirit who was tragically killed during the Mother Emanuel AME Church shooting. They help middle and high school students reach their full potential and prepare them for the workforce. Our focus for them during CreateAthon was a new website. It was a big undertaking but not nearly as big as the impact they make. We were just happy to be a part. 🎓
No CreateAthon would be complete without a To-Go Kit. Lucky for this year’s recipients, our newest team member, MIA (Marketing Impact Assistant) joined the team! MIA is TRIO’s nonprofit marketing megastar who was all-in and ready to help. Sharing her best tips and tricks covering everything from SEO and press releases to social media and blogging, each organization received one of our must-have tools for their marketing toolbox.
We’d like to give a few extra special shoutouts to our amazing volunteers, Sarah and Courtney. Thank you for lending your expertise during our marketing marathon. Also, Chef Adrian (A.K.A. Taylor’s husband) for a delicious breakfast and Chick-fil-A on Long Point Road for being our lunch sponsor (two years in a row). We couldn’t have gotten through it without you.
For more information on CreateAthon or on how to apply for next year’s pro bono marketing marathon, visit trio-solutions.com/createathon
See you on the flip side, friends! ✌🏻, ❤️ and 🕺
The resurgence of QR codes
Have you ventured out much since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic? Found yourself looking for a restaurant menu only to see these small black and white […]
Teamwork makes the dream work
It’s hard to believe that Facebook and Twitter opened their platforms up to the world nearly 15 years ago. First, individuals jumped on board, followed by businesses […]